Welcome

Nanga def? Welcome to Binda Gambia.

There is not much of a publishing industry in The Gambia (and what there is prefers to concentrate on the textbook/schoolbook industry). And yet there are more and more people who write, and whose voices and words are painstakingly constructing a new Gambian literary identity. This site is an attempt to give every Gambian who wants to be heard a platform. If you are a writer and have a piece you want published - be it poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction - drop me a line at amrangaye [at] gmail [dot]com. I will be happy to hear from you.

In the meantime look around, and enjoy yourself. Leave a comment if you like a particular posting.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Waiting for your call [by Mariama Khan]

Waiting for your call

Sunday, 29th March, 2009, Mbabane, Swaziland

I am waiting for your call

Eager like the hungry baby for its mother’s breast

I keep waiting, my mind and eyes glued to the clock

I am hungry for your call

Like a starving man for his last meal

My expectation is sky full

I am aching for your voice

Like a singer outlawed on her vocation

A barren field of emptiness churns within me

My mind is restless with the love of you

Like the confused beauty of Swazi mountain ranges

I desire the stream of your being to cool up my worries

No comments:

Post a Comment