Welcome

Nanga def? Welcome to Binda Gambia.

There is not much of a publishing industry in The Gambia (and what there is prefers to concentrate on the textbook/schoolbook industry). And yet there are more and more people who write, and whose voices and words are painstakingly constructing a new Gambian literary identity. This site is an attempt to give every Gambian who wants to be heard a platform. If you are a writer and have a piece you want published - be it poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction - drop me a line at amrangaye [at] gmail [dot]com. I will be happy to hear from you.

In the meantime look around, and enjoy yourself. Leave a comment if you like a particular posting.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 1, 2009

PURSUIT [by Kuna Nyan]

I wandered among the many ways

The twists and turns that took me no where

I drifted about for many days

In and out of places without a care

I searched high and low for calm and grace

For sanity and the courage to dare

I lived in a world of fear and pain

Hoping to make it without a tear in sight

I stayed in a home that left a dark stain

On my inner strength and will to fight

I slept among those who chipped away every grain

Of my hopes and dreams, my guiding light

I wandered among many pillars of stone

Trying to make sense of whirling emotion

I floated about the vacuum, an empty zone

Without an idea of what I needed, not a notion

I was pushed to walk this quest alone

In pursuit of identity and self promotion

2 comments:

  1. NICE, LIKE THE ELEGANCE OF YOUR WRITING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got me floating in a sea of bliss!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete