Welcome

Nanga def? Welcome to Binda Gambia.

There is not much of a publishing industry in The Gambia (and what there is prefers to concentrate on the textbook/schoolbook industry). And yet there are more and more people who write, and whose voices and words are painstakingly constructing a new Gambian literary identity. This site is an attempt to give every Gambian who wants to be heard a platform. If you are a writer and have a piece you want published - be it poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction - drop me a line at amrangaye [at] gmail [dot]com. I will be happy to hear from you.

In the meantime look around, and enjoy yourself. Leave a comment if you like a particular posting.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Reply to Gone for a month

Reply to Gone for a month

Tuesday, 24th, March, 2009, Mbabane, Swaziland

If I could walk the seas and the oceans

Or fly the many air miles between us

I would be with you every day

Here I am, in this mountain -sugar -candy country

My mind absent from me

Like a soul in a body, it refuses to leave you behind

You are that erotic tingle ever present in my heart

Sweet and comforting like the sea breeze

Massaging my wild thoughts of hope for a future

The sugar-like feeling you evoke

Turn my nights into days

You are the ever present company, yet, so far away, you are...

No comments:

Post a Comment