Welcome

Nanga def? Welcome to Binda Gambia.

There is not much of a publishing industry in The Gambia (and what there is prefers to concentrate on the textbook/schoolbook industry). And yet there are more and more people who write, and whose voices and words are painstakingly constructing a new Gambian literary identity. This site is an attempt to give every Gambian who wants to be heard a platform. If you are a writer and have a piece you want published - be it poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction - drop me a line at amrangaye [at] gmail [dot]com. I will be happy to hear from you.

In the meantime look around, and enjoy yourself. Leave a comment if you like a particular posting.

Thanks for visiting.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Dark Skin [by Ndey Aaly Cham]

Dark Skin
skin smooth and soft like hershy chocolate
am loving my skin
i've been descriminated for being black and coming from africa
I breath my skin like the air
if staring was a crime brothers already commited one
am not fearful of what people say bout me being dark skin
i might be ugly but damn sure my skin is beautiful
i get complimented by my own brothers
Beautiful skin color, pretty skin colour, damn you sexxy
When can i see you
All that makes me love my skin colour even more
They say i look like fudge brownie and they dont mine eating me
Dark is what i am, and loving the colour.
Dark skin is the hershy chocolate you eat ery day
Whether you love my skin or not
you still eating me

4 comments:

  1. This is a delicious poem.. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ndey am loving your beautiful African skin and am loving your poem.

    Mek wi stop dis rubbish and be black an shine! (as we say in Jamaica)

    Musufing Marong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ndey i like this poem, keep it up! from Lat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You all we all have to love our colour, we can never be white no matter how much we our skin, white people do not try to be like us, so why be like them, the point is it is forbidden (Haram). Peace! You do not look beautiful bleaching.

    ReplyDelete